Tuesday Tidings – May 11, 2021
The camping season has begun! Most of our Seasonal Guests checked-in over the weekend. Welcome back to those of you who are continuing to stay with us and a warm welcome to the new families that have decided to be here with us this season! We will be planning a COVID appropriate Seasonal Guest gathering so you can all meet and get to know one another!
ROAD TO THE SUMMIT OF MOUNT GREYLOCK OPENS ON SATURDAY, MAY 22, 2021!
Team Member Update:
Welcome Niki! Niki is our new Guest Relations Team Member who joined our team two weeks ago. Niki comes to us with a wide range of experiences that make her a perfect match for the campground. You will find her mostly in the Welcome Center but as she learns the campground, she will deliver firewood and items you want from the campground store. Please introduce yourselves and make her feel at home here! The learning curve is steep – she is doing a great job learning the reservation system, Seasonal Guest names and campsites, check-in/check-out procedures, telephone, and email inquiries and so much more! There is a photo of Niki and Pat with the new sign that the Freemantle family gave us below. Thanks for the new sign, it already has a home on the front of our Welcome Center! Welcome Niki! We are glad you are here!
Brandon will be back with us full time when his college semester ends in May. This year you will also see Brandon helping in the Welcome Center in addition to his "field" responsibilities. He wants to learn more about the hospitality industry, so we are giving him the chance to expand his horizons! Is campground ownership in his future? We hope so!
We have been busy finishing up the spring projects. We want to give a "shout out" to the individuals and businesses that are helping us move forward this Spring!
* Doing the annual Spring clean-up. Expanding the Hilltop Tent Area by removing a decade or more old wood pile. Dangerous tree removal. Thanks to All-in-One Landscaping. Owner: Rick Milesi and crew.
* Gutting the basement of the Welcome Center to do mold abatement and to begin the long process of installing a commercial kitchen there. Thanks to Brandon and his friend who have worked on this project on and off since the fall.
* Building the deck off the side of the Welcome Center and giving the "doors to nowhere" somewhere to go! Thanks to Lussier Construction. Owner: Ken Lussier
* Installing the new campsite markers. Guess who is responsible for that project?
* Added amenities to the bathhouses. Washable soft fabric shower curtains – no more plastic that must be hand washed and sanitized regularly! Plus, the new shower curtains do not stick to you! New hooks and toiletry storage coming soon!
* Updated heating and plumbing for the Welcome Center! Thanks to Vinnie Villanova Plumbing.
We are thankful for the dedication of these professionals – Check them out if they can be of help to you. Until next Tuesday – Stay Safe and Get Vaccinated.